SACRED LEADERSHIP | SYDNEY | 19 JUNE
Date and Time
Art Gallery NSW
Art Gallery Rd, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
FROM THE ANCIENT PAST TO THE EMERGING FUTURE; AN AUSTRALIAN PATHWAY TO LEADERSHIP
Enhanced by art, music and a bespoke performance from students of the Bangarra Dance Theatre, we will bring to life findings from Tjanara Goreng Goreng's PhD research: 'The road to Eldership: How Aboriginal culture creates sacred leaders'.
Our leaders are struggling. Public trust in government, media and business is at an all-time low*. Many of our institutions, including our banks and churches, and the environment are in crisis.
A new approach to leadership is needed - one grounded in respect and responsibility. Could Australia's Indigenous hold the key to a better and sustainable world?
Drawing on her research, accomplished career and tens of thousands of years of oral knowledge, not found in any book, Tjanara is ready to share her leadership insights and stories with Australia's business community.
*Edelman's trust barometer 2018: http://cms.edelman.com/
THIS EVENT IS FOR:
- Leaders, emerging leaders and changemakers ready to transform themselves, their workplaces and the planet
- Business people curious about a sustainable, Australian model of leadership that respects the self, others and the environment
- Individuals, groups and teams seeking a connective learning experience and opportunity to elevate their thinking and explore new perspectives together
- All those who share our aspiration to #humanisework
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- PART ONE - 8:30AM TO MIDDAY - ART GALLERY NSW: In the elegant theatre adjacent to the Aboriginal Exhibition, Tjanara will talk to us about the 'what' of sacred leadership. She will weave storytelling, art and academic excellence to bring higher consciousness to those who come to listen and ask questions. The morning session will be enhanced by music, meditation and a bespoke performance from 2 students of the Banagrra Dance Theatre. This will an embodied Talkpoint experience of Sacred Leadership.
- PART TWO (OPTIONAL) - 12:30PM TO 2:00PM - THE PAVILION: For those interested in deepening their understanding and ready to take practical steps, we invite you to continue the journey across the road at the Pavilion restaurant. Join us for an exclusive, intimate lunch and open space technology workshop expertly co-facilitated by Tjanara, Mark Spain and Talkpoint. This 'so what' exercise will integrate what we have learned with your leadership and culture strategies. Limited seats available.
YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- An introduction to eldership and what it means to be a sacred leader
- An experience of the ancient wisdom that has been passed down orally for tens of thousands of years in Australia
- Time to reflect on your individual impact and responsibility
- Those who attend the FULL EXPERIENCE will also gain time to dialogue, workshop and apply the learnings to their leadership strategies over a facilitated working lunch
For further information about Tjanara Goreng Goreng, Mark Spain and Sacred Leadership head on over to www.talkpoint.com.au/sacredleadership/
TICKET OPTIONS - SINGLE OR GROUP - DADIRRI OR FULL EXPERIENCE
- DADIRRI - PART ONE ONLY:
- Single Ticket: $350 +fees*
- Group of 3: $930 +fees*
- FULL EXPERIENCE - PARTS ONE PLUS TWO:
- Single Ticket: $595 +fees*
- Table of 8: $4500 +fees*
*Ticket prices include GST. All profits from booking fees will be donated to MADALAH when purchased online. To pay by direct deposit, or arrange individual invoices for groups or tables, register directly with email@example.com.
If you are longing to attend but strapped for cash we do have some alternative options for those with a genuine contribution to make - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Your booking fee is supporting
Provide scholarships which enable Indigenous students in financial need to attend leading Australian schools and universities.